- Learn how LinkedIn works.
- Create a LinkedIn login (if you’re not already a member).
- Create a great LinkedIn profile that focuses on how your business can help other members of LinkedIn. You should create a profile that attracts people to you.
- Unless you’re a freelancer, consider creating a LinkedIn company page for your business. You’ll have the opportunity to do set up a business page as you complete the resume section of your LinkedIn profile. Your company page will be automatically linked from the resume in your profile.
|Passive LinkedIn Marketing||Proactive LinkedIn Marketing|
|By simply just having a LinkedIn profile, building your connections, and keeping your account updated, can get the attention of potential clients.||Like most business tactics, the more actively involved you are, the more effective and quicker the results. This can benefit you more in some cases.|
Searching – LinkedIn’s search features allow others who are looking for what you offer to find you. When someone is searching for a product that you sell, your company will come up with a recommendation for the product. For example, if you are looking for a computer Computer Troubleshooters, Computer Task Group, Computer Forensics Lab etc.Exclusiveness – Your LinkedIn business connections can give you an in with people and businesses you might not otherwise be able to reach. LinkedIn is all about connecting to people who are in your field, place of work, or like minded individuals. You have the opportunity to link with people who you might not have connected with beforehand. Endorsements – Displays your recommendations from others on LinkedIn. Recommendations are word-of-mouth testimonials to you and your business. They provide credibility that encourages people to do business with you.
|Post regular status updates – It’s good to talk about what you’re working on and who you’re working for. Including updates that will interest your target customers and clients. Posting interesting content will help you gain reliability and connections.Groups – Joining groups related to your business and your interests will help your interactivity on LinkedIn. Discussion and participation can help establish you as an expert in your field.Send messages and invitations – Don’t spam or be a pest. Your goal is to create professional connections that are mutually beneficial to you and the other person. Make sure you are asking the right people to connect to LinkedLinkedIn Advertising – Paid to advertise on LinkedIn is still a relative bargain and can get your business in front of your market quickly. Upgrading membership – LinkedIn offers Career, Business, Sales, and Hiring upgrade options. Often, LinkedIn offers a free trial so you can test out the additional features from a paid membership before committing to it.|
- LinkedIn Company Page
- A PPC or SEO Campaign
- LinkedIn Group with Local Ties
- Blog on LinkedIn
- Connect your employees with your business
- Secure LinkedIn endorsements and recommendations
- Showcase Your Work In Video, Slides, Interview, etc.
- Daily Status Updates.
- Shine up your LinkedIn