Essential Types of Web Hosting Services
Shared Hosting:Shared hosting is one of the most common types of web hosting. With this type, you’ll be sharing a server with other websites or clients. In other words, you and your site partners will share all server resources, such as disk space, computing power, memory, etc. Additionally, shared hosting is the most suitable choice for websites that deal with a personal blog or small business. Pros:
- Beginner friendly and low cost.
- You can use it without any technical skills.
- It is an excellent option for websites with low or medium traffic level.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Pre-configured server environment.
- Your website can experience a slowdown during traffic surges on other websites.
- It offers limited space and bandwidth.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting:Another type of web hosting is the virtual private server or VPS, a more advanced kind of shared hosting. Like shared hosting, you’ll be sharing a server with other websites or clients with this type of web hosting. However, your web host will host your website independently without sharing the resources with other properties. In other words, it means you’ll receive a dedicated server space. Besides, VPS hosting is an excellent option for medium websites or businesses that have growing web traffic. Pros:
- You can install any software.
- It offers dedicated server space.
- Cheaper than a dedicated server.
- Easy scalability and stability.
- Traffic surge will not affect the performance.
- It requires you to have technical knowledge for management.
- It imposes control limitations.
Dedicated Hosting:If you don’t like sharing a server with other websites or clients, you should consider dedicated web hosting. Here, you’ve complete control over the environment with full root access, thereby allowing you to manage your website based on your needs. Besides, you can run any software since you’ve access to the entire server. However, you should expect to pay a higher price. Pros:
- You get complete control over the hosting server.
- It offers enhanced security and privacy.
- Stable website performance.
- It is the best choice for large websites with high web traffic.
- It is significantly expensive.
- You must have technical skills and knowledge.
Cloud Hosting:This type of web hosting is the latest edition in the market. With cloud hosting, different servers will host your website simultaneously. The main advantage of this web hosting is that your website will not experience slowdown performance during web traffic surges. Pros:
- You’ll only pay for what you’ve used.
- Scalability and customization.
- There are no performance issues when the server fails.
- Limited downtime.
- You’ll need cloud expertise.
- It isn’t easy to estimate the actual costs.