- Popular – cPanel is pretty much an industry standard control panel for Linux hosts.
- Scalable – cPanel can be used for shared hosting, reseller hosting, Virtual Private Servers and Dedicated Servers. For Resellers, VPS and Dedicated Servers the cPanel server administration is performed via the WHM cPanel interface.
- Low Cost – cPanel licences are not expensive. If you are on a shared hosting platform then your hosting company will pay for the licence.
- Easy to install – Once your Linux Server installation is set up you just need to run the cPanel installation script.
- Secure and Easy to Maintain – Keeping cPanel up to date and secure is very straightforward. You can configure password-protected directories, IP address denials, SSL/TLS, and GnuPG key settings to restrict access. Protect your site with HotLink Protection, Leech Protect, and ModSecurity.
- Fully Featured – cPanel allows website administrators to quickly add extra functionality to their websites using a 1 click installation software such as Softaculous. Adding a blog or eCommerce software is very straightforward.
- Easy to backup – cPanel includes a number of backup options to protect your valuable data. It also integrates seamlessly with 3rd party backup software such as r1soft/idera.
- Value Added Services – cPanel has loads of 3rd Party Applications that can be included to add value to your service offering if you are using a VPS or Dedicated Server.
cPanel has a comprehensive set of File Management tools.
Whilst not a substitute for a professional FTP tool, it allows you to
upload files, create or delete them, organise your files in folders as
well as allowing you to change file permissions. Overall it gives you
the basic features you’ll need to manage your files. You can also
manage your backups from the cPanel File Manager, whether you
want to run full or partial backups.
In cPanel you have a great set of tools for effectively managing your
domains. For example, you can set up parked domains to redirect
any domains you own or create Addon domains to keep your hosting
costs down. You can also set up subdomains, redirects and manage
your DNS zone settings via cPanel.
cPanel has a range of databases management features. cPanel is usually
configured with MySQL as standard but can also use Percona – a fast,
open source drop in database alternative to MySQL. You can also manage
your databases using PHPMyAdmin.
Whilst most websites will use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster
Tools to get an overview of their website traffic, cPanel does include some
useful metrics for you such as Errors, bandwidth usage and Raw Access
- Faster loading websites – up to 2x faster
- Less bandwidth used
- Improved security – CloudFlare recognises and prevents malicious attacks
Pickaweb is a proud partner of leading anti-spam solution provider
Spam Experts. Spam Experts works by analysing all email traffic
coming into the server you are hosted on. Its powerful algorithms
learn to spot spam and stop in its tracks before it even hits your
inbox. The incoming spam filter will stop over 99.9% of spam from
hitting your inbox. The incoming anti-spam mail filter is a value
added service but it is a very cost-effective way to protect your inbox
and reduce the frustration and potential cost of constantly dealing